Leftovers are my favourite, especially when they taste even better the next day with a slight revamp!
Last nights takeaway was from Bar-B-Q-Base (Leicester); one of my favourite takeaway places. LOVE LOVE LOVE their coleslaw and their chicken – ooh the skin! ❤
Next day and let’s revamp in Three Easy Steps!
For my Revamped Takeaway Salad, I used:
- Leftover Chicken Thigh
- A Few Chips
- Iceberg Lettuce (which came with the takeaway)
- Feta Cheese
- Reheating chips can be a nightmare! So here’s Mama’s Top Tip To Reheating Last Night’s Chips…
Put the leftover chips in a bowl. Add some ketchup to cover the chips fully. Put these in the microwave to heat. They should be soft now. Chuck ’em in the oven and let them go crisp, but still soft inside!
And that my loves, is Step One! – Throw the chicken in the oven too!
- Step Two! – The Chicken…
- Shred the chicken or chop it into chunks. Whatever way you fancy for your salad. I roughly pulled mine apart!
- Step Three! – Chuck In The Rest…
- Tear up some salad. I just used the salad from the leftovers from yesterday.
- Throw in some pomegranate.
- Crumble on the feta cheese!
- Add some chips. Put them in however you like; you can break ’em or put them in whole – whatever y’all fancy!
pomegranate and feta cheese is like a match made in heaven ❤👼
And there we have it!!
Yesterday’s takeaway revamped to a delicious chicken salad.
A quick and tasty lunch idea, and even better, a great way to save the leftovers from the bin or complaining “I Ate The Same Thing Yesterday 😩”
yes, you can thank me later…
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Send me your takeaway revamps on Facebook or Instagram @simplykainaat!!!
And let me know if you tried something different!
and comment below a recipe that you want me to try out!!