Baba’s back in the kitchen and this time he’s cooking up an easy peasy egg noodles with chicken. It’s really quick and easy to cook up – ooh and tasty too!!
Total Cook Time: Approx. 40 Minutes (including Prep Time)
~ You can use ingredients according to you and as per your preference! ~
- 1 Chicken Breast – Chunked or Strips
- Start by bringing some water to boil and add the noodles (on a low-medium heat).
- Whilst the noodles are in the pan, start preparing the chicken and vegetables.
- Chop up the capsicum and also the spring onions – Stalks And All! – and thinly slice the carrots lengthways. I used a potato peeler to get the long strips.
- To prepare the chicken, make sure its washed and ready to cook. Chicken strips go really well with noodles, but we went for chunks.
- In a wok, add a teaspoon of oil and let it heat up on a medium-high heat.
- In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients to the chicken pieces and mix it well, making sure each chicken piece is covered in the marinate properly.
- You can now refrigerate this or set aside to cook a little while later. We went ahead and cooked it straight away.
- As soon as the wok is hot enough, add in the marinated chicken and let it cook.
- Stir it occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the surface of the wok.
- When the chicken has cooked, take it out into a plate.
- Using the same (unwashed) wok, add a teaspoon of oil (if necessary) and the ginger garlic.
- Add the spring onions and cook these until they have softened. Then turn to (low-medium heat).
- In a bowl combine two-parts dark soy sauce with one-part water and mix well
- Add this to the spring onions and let it simmer.
- Add in the beansprouts and give it a stir – or show off your pro wok skills!
- Then one by one add the chicken, then the noodles, frozen sweetcorn and lastly the carrots.
- A quick stir – or a few wok tricks – and you’re done!
An added extra:
- We added toasted sesame seeds for that little bit extra
- You could also throw in some frozen peas and some other vegetables!
Hope You Enjoy Your Noodles 😝😝😝
… and don’t forget to share with me any other ingredients you used for you noodles!
send me your noodles (I wish!) pictures on Facebook or Instagram @simplykainaat!
and comment below a recipe that you want me to try out!!